Marathon County UWEX Horticulture Program Services:
Garden Line Phone Service
- Do you have a question on gardening, flowers, lawn, trees or insects? Call the Garden Line at 715-261-1237 or 1-800-234-1471. A trained Master Gardener Volunteer will return your call. This service is available from May through September every year. You can also send your question(s) to us via our Garden Line Request Form.
Garden Clinic Support
- Insect and disease samples can be brought into 212 River Dr., Suite 3 in Wausau. Master Gardener Volunteers will help to identify bug and disease issues on WEDNESDAYS from 10 am—2 pm starting in May and continuing through September. No appointment is necessary to speak with a Volunteer.
- Prefer to send your message via email? Contact the North Central Wisconsin Master Gardeners at email@example.com.
Marathon County Teaching Garden
- Are you interested in learning more about gardening? Do you work with a group who would benefit from horticulture programs in our teaching garden? Contact us today to discuss how we can best meet your needs: 715-261-1241.
Horticulture Educator Services
Brianna Wright, Horticulture Educator
715-261-1241 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Brianna grew up in Wausau, Wisconsin where she fell in love with plants at a young age. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin in Stevens Point in 2005, with a B.S. in Biology and with minors in Conservation Biology and Resource Management. She traveled to Wyoming and studied invasive species persistence and abundance in the 1988 burned areas of Yellowstone National Park. Completing her M.S. in Botany at the University of Wyoming in 2007, she was hired by the Botany Department as an educator for the Life Sciences Program in Wyoming, where she served in many capacities over the years, including: lecturer, lab coordinator, freshman advisor, and an administrator of the 1000-3000-level biology curriculum. Brianna began her career with UW-Extension in May 2018, and has been working on a variety of projects and programs including:
- Marathon County’s Therapeutic Horticulture Initiative
- Informational sessions to increase awareness of therapeutic horticulture
- PATH (Providing Assistance Through Horticulture) programming to improve well-being for diverse populations in Marathon County
- Gaining Ground Gardens for inmates and individuals in addition recovery
- Supporting Garden Line and Garden Clinic
- Horticulture News & Updates on Facebook